Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Not Much to Report

There isn't much to report today so I thought I would put this random picture of Kayleigh brushing Zeb's hair. Sometimes she can be really sweet to him and other times she stands in front of his bouncy seat yelling "no!" I am not actually sure why she does this unless she feels like she needs someone to be in charge of in the household. I was going to start my potty training today but Zeb did not have a great morning so I decided to do some grocery shopping instead. I took Kayleigh with me and left Zeb with our helper. I have learned in the past what "supplies" I need to get Kayleigh to last all the way through our trip. I packed some raisins and her water and thought that would be sufficient. After finishing her raisins 3.5 minutes after we got in the store she started telling me she was ready to go home. I guess my idea of bringing supplies did not help with her patience. What I did not know was what kind of day at the store I was in for. I got to the check out lines only to realize that there were about 20 lines open with about 20 people in each line. For those of you who have never been to China I am sure you are thinking this is impossible. But oh no, when you live in a city of 4 million people this is totally possible. It took us about 30 minutes to check out. During this time Kayleigh's foot fell asleep while sitting in the buggy and we had about 10 Chinese people come up and take her picture. I guess they had nothing better to do while they were standing in line. When we got outside there were no taxis to be found. At this point I am trying not to freak out because it was getting closer to Zeb's feeding time. On the way home the taxi driver wanted me to teach him English and write a couple of words down in a note book however, the other words written in his book were not English. I think he must be learning other languages too! This day may sound crazy to you folks but this is a typical day in China. Hopefully, I will have successful news to report tomorrow on the potty training experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment