Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Cymbal Man

It is amazing what kind of noises we hear in our complex through out the day and night. We can hear things from kids playing till midnight to Celine Deon blared at the top of her lungs. Recently a neighbor of ours has decided (we assume)to take up the cymbal and that annoying instrument that is played in the Beijing Opera. He starts about 8:00 in the morning and goes to about 6:00 at night. We are not sure why he thinks this sound is a beautiful one. Normally, we would probably laugh it off and go about our business but the last three nights Zeb has woken up about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. We are not sure why and are trying to figure out his deal. As a result of no sleep this cymbal sounds more annoying everyday. Yet I am still amazed at how God can use random things to remind us of scripture or things we need to learn. As I listen to the cymbal outside my window I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 13:1. It says " If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal"! At two in the morning when I just want to give up, I think about how I need to love that little boy who can't take care of himself, can't change his diaper, feed himself etc. I am reminded that I would be just like that annoying cymbal outside our window if I didn't have love.

No comments:

Post a Comment