Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Saying Goodbye and An Early Birthday

My parents left yesterday and I must say after seven and half years of being here the good byes haven't gotten any easier. I am not the type that cries at the airport during the goodbye. I am the one that wakes up the next day and realizes they are really gone and I burst into a million tears. I walk around with an ache in my heart for a while until I get used to them being gone. I might spot little things around the house that remind me of the them and just ache inside. As my kids get older the depth of the good bye sinks in for them as well. This time around Kayleigh cried some and was really sad. Which just breaks my heart. In the short five years of her life she has had to say some hard goodbyes not just to grandparents but to friends as well. It's just plan hard.

We traveled so much the month that my parents were here that I didn't have time to plan an early birthday party for Layla before they left. Last night in an attempt to somewhat reenact a birthday party I decided to give Layla a bowl of chocolate pudding. We sang Happy Birthday and watched her go to town on the pudding. I think it is safe to say she LOVED it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment