Friday, February 24, 2012

Layla's Birthday Party

After a couple of doses of antibiotics Layla was feeling much better so we decided to have her party today. It was just our family and Danielle and Harvey. Josh couldn't make it. We wanted to include them because well they are part of our family and basically aunt and uncle to our children.  Danielle makes amazing cakes so I asked her to make one for Layla. Without me giving any hints at all she came up with a Lady Bug idea which I thought was perfect since our nickname for Layla is "Layla Bug"! She did an amazing job as usual.  Layla loved the cake and her gifts too. You can see below all the fun pictures from the party.






This picture is classic Layla. The look almost says "Mom I can't believe it was that good!"





There is an awesome story behind the pig she is opening in this picture. I found that pig on Tao Bao ( Chinese's ebay). I was so excited about the deal I got on it. When it arrived and we tested it out we all busted out laughing when we heard the pig speak German. There isn't a bit of English on the thing! My kids love it and Zeb has already picked up some German words from it! 


1 comment:

  1. I love that the pig is teaching your kids German! I also love that tons of Chinese parents probably bought that thing thinking their kids are learning English, but its actually German, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete