Saturday, January 28, 2012

Riding the Elephants

There is an elephant village literally one minute from the house we are staying at so we decided to check it out yesterday. The last time we tried to ride the elephants in Thailand I was VERY pregnant with Zeb and it was my mom and dad's first time to Thailand. I wasn't planning on riding at all but we had hoped that Kayleigh would ride with them. That didn't happen after an elephant's trunk came over her shoulder and scared her to death because the elephant thought she was holding a banana. So when the time came for her to get on the elephant with my parents she was not going to do it. I was hoping for a more successful trip this time and I was really pleased. Kayleigh and Zeb both rode the elephants and loved it! The elephants walked through a pretty deep river while we were on their backs which was really cool. Cool for us but not the guy in front of us because his wallet fell out of his pocket deep in the the muddy disgusting water. However, I was quite impressed when the Thai guy dove right in and fished out his wallet with no problem. 


John and I thought this sign was hilarious! How do you park in the car?













No comments:

Post a Comment