Friday, January 13, 2012

Thailand here we come!

I am sitting here tonight wishing that tomorrow was Sunday and that I was getting on a plane to Thailand. I have spent the whole week being a single parent since John was on a 5 day trip. He walked in the door last night at 7pm and left again tonight at 7pm. This time to DRIVE to Thailand. Yes, in a temporary moment of insanity I agreed to let him drive with his good friend Daniel to Thailand while I flew with our three kids by myself. I would have never agreed but I couldn't say no when I saw the look on his face. It was like a little boy in a candy store. He has been talking about this trip for months. He is SO excited about it.  I hope he has a great time. I am just praying that he doesn't get stuck in Laos somewhere. He keeps promising me that when I land on Sunday morning he will be there to greet me. I sure hope so. If he doesn't show then I only have to wait till that night when my parents arrive to get some help. We haven't seen them in about 8 months so we are really excited. Kayleigh has been counting down the days.

 It has been a long week. So long in fact that Zeb came up with a "pretend daddy". He would tell me things like "Mommy pretend daddy is sitting next me at breakfast". He would call out something during the day and I would say "Buddy, daddy isn't here." and he would respond "I was just talking to pretend daddy." So I don't think I am the only member of my family ready to be reunited together again. So only one more day and then we leave bright and early at 6am! I'm just ready. Ready for warmth, rest, family, and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment