Monday, July 04, 2011

July 4th!

I grew up being at the lake on the 4th of July. Every year would would get in our boat at dusk and drive to the marina or close to it to see the fire works. I love that tradition and miss it dearly. So this year as I was thinking about what we could do for a 4th of July celebration I decided we should go to the pool. We loaded up the kids in the afternoon and all of our friends joined us at the pool. John was able to find some sparklers so the kids had a blast lighting those before we left.


Layla loved the water. As you can see she is very relaxed.





1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:17 AM

    July 4th always made me miss America. The summer, the hot, the fireworks, family. I totally know what you are feeling, missing the redneck yacht club. thinking of you and praying for dad's comfort as you trust him where he has you. lots of love to you, dear friend. EA

    ReplyDelete