Saturday, July 30, 2011

Glitter Lava

About a year ago Kayleigh got a jewelry making and butterfly making kit with glitter lava for her birthday. First of all when a parent reads the words lava on a box it should send out some sort of warning signs. Then you open up the box and on the instructions it says: Adult supervision is recommended on these projects. Really, I thought it would be fine for my 5 year old and 3 year old to be left alone with this stuff. So as you can imagine I haven't gotten this kit out very much over the past year. To be honest I hid it in my craft cabinet in hopes that I could pull it out again when Kayleigh would be old enough to be the supervisor! Well, as luck would have it Kayleigh found it the other day. So I caved and let them play with it. Zeb absolutely loved it! He didn't care one bit about making jewelry (thank goodness). He just loved playing with the lava. By the end he some how got it on his feet and hands and well everywhere. Cleaning that stuff up is a little tricky. Needless to say I hope the lava will be forgotten about for a while!





Layla watching them play. I am sure she will be in the middle of it when she gets older.


1 comment:

  1. That grin on Layla's face just says you wait until I can get into that stuff Mom! Love it!

    ReplyDelete