Monday, July 19, 2010

West Mountain

I have lived here for 6 years and never been to West Mountain. I think some of the times when people were going I was too pregnant to do the hike. Then last year when my sister Hayley and her husband Charlie were here, we planned to go till Zeb got sick that morning and we had to cancel. So this time when we planned to take my parents I was really excited and a little on edge that something else might come up to keep me from going again. The West Mountain was as new to me as it was to my parents. We had a wonderful time. We rode a chair lift to the top and then hiked our way back down the side of the mountain. I wasn't sure how my mom was going to take the chair lift but she survived. At times my children became as much the attraction as the mountain they came to see. The view was amazing and beautiful. I was so glad that I finally got to go!












At points in the hike there were tunnels dug out of the mountain for us to go through.






A view of our city from the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment