Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye is never easy. My parents have spent a month with us and we have had a blast! Kayleigh and Zeb have thoroughly enjoyed having their grandparents around and to be honest I have too! Yesterday we both had flights to catch. Ours was back to our city and Mom and Dad's was back to the USA. We had to say a fairly quick good bye because we were going to miss our flight. It was such a quick goodbye that I didn't have time to get sad however, today is different. The kids keep asking where their Nana and Popa are and well it just breaks my heart. How do I explain to my 4 and 2 year old that they won't see their grandparents for a while? I am pretty sure Zeb was convinced that my parents had moved here. He keeps naming random things around the house as Nana's or Popa's. After 6 years of living here you would think that the goodbyes would get easier but they haven't. In some ways they have gotten harder. The older my kids get the more they remember their grandparents and the more they miss them. However, I feel so thankful that they could come and spend a month with us and see our life here. I wouldn't change that for the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment