Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sickness Abounds!

This past weekend I went a way for a mom's conference. It was wonderful and a much needed break for me. I enjoyed tons of fellowship with some very treasured friends. John, Kayleigh and Zeb survived without me and were all very happy to see me on Sunday afternoon. I was also very happy to see them. Just when I felt like I was getting back into the groove of things I woke up yesterday morning feeling a little achy and tired. I didn't get a lot of sleep during the mom's conference because I chose to talk instead of sleep so I just thought it was the fact that I needed to catch up on some much needed sleep. Oh no, yesterday evening I started running a high fever and felt like I was dying. I think that I have the flu! To make things worse we had already planned for John's teacher and her family to come over for dinner. I barely made it through dinner and putting the kids to bed. I basically sat on the couch and tried to look like I had it together. John and his teacher washed the dishes! I couldn't believe my guest was washing the dishes but inside I was SO thankful. As soon as they left at 8pm I went straight to bed. I have spent most of the day in the bed or on the couch. I feel good when I am full of Tylenol but as soon as it wears off I feel like death again. I am praying that this will not last long and praying more that my kids don't get it.
In the last month or two I feel like all we have been doing is battling sickness. We will have one good week and one bad. We have battled two rounds of the throw up virus. One of those rounds was topped with Zeb having a really bad cough and cold. The cough he still has and it has been a month! So if you can't tell I'm done with sickness in my house. I am ready for us all to be well for a long period of time. I am praying for that anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment