Saturday, October 10, 2009

Kayleigh's performance

China just recently celebrated the 60th anniversary of Communism. All the schools including Kayleigh's was closed for the first eight days of October. Lots of people also were off work and left the city to travel which made the city much more quiet and there was less traffic for us! The day before Kayleigh's school closed each class put on a performance to celebrate this memorable anniversary. The day before the performance Kayleigh's teacher informed me that I should come to her school the next day around 9:30 to watch everyone perform. I had no idea what to expect. I had no idea how to dress her for the next day either so I just sent her in her normal clothes. When I arrived I of course picked her out of the crowd right away. Her red hair tends to stand out. They had dressed all of her class up with blue and white and her teachers had fixed her hair with a big yellow sunflower wrapped around her pig tails. Each class was dressed differently and did a performance. It was very interesting to watch and it was fun to see Kayleigh be a part of her first performance at school. I am looking forward to more interesting days like this to come!



Above are all the kids in her school dressed and ready to perform!



I'm still not quite sure what the red dot was for??!!



Kayleigh didn't sing much since she has only attended school there for about a month but did her best to do the motions to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment