Thursday, March 19, 2009

Writer's Block

I am sure most of you have been wondering why there has been so few posts in the month of March. It is not because I have been too busy or because I haven't even thought about the blog. On the contrary I have thought about it a lot but haven't felt like there has been anything going on in our lives worth blogging about. John reminded me that at least for our parents they just want to know the day in and day out things that happen with their grandchildren. So I'm back hopefully for good with some consistency to finish off the month. I thought I would give you an update on our family.

John has been really working hard this semester and we hardly see him these days. We leave for America May 8th so he wants to finish out his semester and time here well. I am so excited about going to America and it consumes my thoughts a lot as I think about all the things I need to do before we leave. By the time we set foot on American soil again it will have been a year and 8 months since we have been there. I am so ready. Mine and John's parents are the only ones that have ever met Zeb so I am mostly excited for my family to meet him. By then he will be a year old!
Kayleigh is doing great and is getting more and more talkative everyday. My sister and brother-law are coming May 1st and flying back with us to America. Most of our conversation has been consumed with what we will do with them while they are here. Her plan at least for now is to take them on the paddle boats at Green Lake. She also talks about riding on the "big sucker" to go home to see her Nanna, Poppa, Grandy and Grammy. This term refers to the big plane we will be flying on. John and Kayleigh sometimes watch You-Tube videos of planes and John refers to some of them as a "big sucker". She has picked up the term and uses it often.

Zeb is 10 months now almost 11 and I can't believe it. It feels like yesterday that he was born. It is so true that the days can sometimes be long but the years are short. He is in the process of trying to crawl which means that I can't leave him alone for even a second. He usually finds something to get into that he is not supposed to be in. Despite that he is ALL boy he is still likes to cuddle which I love.

Well that is basically the update of our family. Hopefully you will see more of the Greenes soon.

1 comment:

  1. I was starting to wonder what was going on with you guys! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete