Monday, March 26, 2012

Moving On

After much prayer and discussion, John has decided to take a job in another city. We feel like this is a great new challenge for John and our family. So on June 15th we leave and move just a tad bit north.

As I have started to process this move I have thought a lot about the city we have lived in for 7 years. (It would have been 8 in August.) A lot has happened in my life since I moved here. It was here that I learned how to be a wife. We were only married a year in the States before we moved here. It was here that I became a mother of three. We have developed some very deep and lasting friendships here. We have set up our roots here. So to say goodbye is going to be really hard. I have come to love this city and really know it. So to start all over again is a little scary to me. I will no longer be one of the people you call and ask where you can buy such and such. Instead I will be the one calling others to ask where to get stuff.

Over the next couple of months we are going to be busy preparing for our move and finishing homeschool. So, right now the move seems so surreal to me. I have told some of my friends that I feel like when we get all settled in and I hang my last picture on the wall in my new place I will sit down and cry. Reality will set in that we have really moved and we aren't just on vacation.

We have already started to say goodbye to some of our friends. This Friday our friends the Smith's head to America for some rest. They will not return until after we move to our new city. We had begun a tradition with them to eat together every Sunday night. Last night was our last Sunday night meal together. Although we will still get to see them about once or twice a year it was sad to say goodbye. Below we are all at one of our favorite restaurants.



This is how we went out to eat every Sunday night. Jeremy was kind to tote some of my family on his three wheel bike.



In other random news. Kayleigh's cast was slowly coming unraveled because she would slide on her bottom across the floor. So John found on Chinese E-bay some cast tape that we could wrap it in. He bought her the color pink which she loved!


1 comment:

  1. this post made me miss our old city. you guys moving is like that chapter of our lives being officially shut. Having you still there made us still feel very connected to that place. happy for the new things God has for you but also sad that all of our Spring City days are over. much love to you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete