Thursday, March 08, 2012

Feeling Really Blessed

While we were in Thailand with my parents I had an ultra sound done on my thyroid. Something came back suspicious so the doctor recommended I get a biopsy done. I found this news out the afternoon before we were supposed to fly out the next morning. John was already some where on the road in Laos and I didn't have the first clue how to change my parents and my kids flights to stay longer in Thailand. We opted to come on back home and decided we would take another trip to Thailand within the month to get my biopsy done.  
I have to admit, the possibility that I could have cancer has been weighing heavily on my mind. My sister had thyroid cancer several years back so I knew it could totally be possible that I could have it too. Not to mention the unbelievable family history I have of people with cancer. I have played all the scenarios in my mind but really knew I shouldn't even go there until I knew the results. So John and I headed back to Thailand a couple of days ago for the biopsy. We left the kids with our friend Laura and took the fastest trip we could. I am so happy to report that the test came back negative. I don't have cancer! I feel so blessed by the Lord.  He truly is the great healer and provider.

The trip was so fast that we were only in Thailand for less than 24 hours. After going to the hospital for my test we had a couple of hours to kill before heading back to the airport. We decided to hit up Krispy Kreme! It was so very good. 


When we got home we found out the kids had done great with Laura. She even had time to put Layla's hair in pig tails!



I believe the pig tails had been in her hair a couple of days because this is what her hair looked like after we took out her pig tails.  


No comments:

Post a Comment