Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My birthday and thoughts on turning 32

For my birthday our crew went out to celebrate at a new Mexican restaurant that just opened in our city. Words cannot express how excited I am that we have an actually Mexican restaurant in our city and that the food is wonderful! When John and I go to America we eat as much Mexican as possible while we are there. We just miss it a lot! So I naturally picked to go eat Mexican for my birthday. I share a birthday with a guy on our crew named Justin. He also was excited about going here. Anyways, we had a lot of fun. My dear friend Kayla made me a chocolate on chocolate birthday cake which I ask for every year on my birthday. It was wonderful.

I have been sitting here thinking about turning 32 and my one thought or feeling that has been consistent in my life for a while is tiredness. When I was pregnant with Layla I was tired a lot, more tired than I was with the other two. But then again I didn't have two kids to take care of with the other pregnancies. John and I dream of having overnight get-aways where we just go and book a hotel room to sleep. I was hoping the tiredness would go away but it seems to have settled in for a long term stay. As I thought more about this I thought about my mom. At age 32 she had a 5 year old, 18 month old twins and a newborn. It makes me tired just thinking about it. I am convinced my mother was tired for a whole decade. She had to be. I also wonder if while wiping our mouths for the 15th time or our butts for the 100th if she thought about whether we would ever be thankful for all that she did for us. Well, mom I am now. As I experience life with a 5 year old, 3 year old and 6 month old I look back and think you were amazing. It also gives me encouragement to think that if she survived so will I.





Justin at the entrance to the restaurant.




My dear friend Kayla with her new adopted daughter Jubilee.


The wonderful feast!


Typical Justin and Zack.




Although, Justin and I were born on the same day he does not share my love for chocolate. He asked me to make a fruit pizza for his birthday. 

1 comment:

  1. okay, so even though i live in a place where i can ride my bike to 2 mexican restaurants, a taco bell, and a bojangle's, i'm still jealous. how the heck did starbucks, toys r us, and non-wicker-basket mexican food all come after we left?

    ReplyDelete