Monday, September 14, 2009

Reunited!

After two weeks and five days to be exact our little family of four was reunited. It was a hard two weeks apart but God was good and sustained us. John had plenty of people helping him with Kayleigh and plenty of meals. I am pretty sure they did not go hungry. Zeb and I had a good trip back to China. When I first landed in Atlanta and found out that the seat that John and I reserved for me, which had a nice space to lie Zeb down in, was changed to bulkhead I got really nervous. I promptly showed the attendants that my 26 pound son was not going to fit in one of their bassinets! They agreed and found me a seat with an empty seat next to it on the plane! God is so good. I had so many people praying that the trip would go smooth and it did. Zeb ended up sleeping the last 6 hours of the flight! He did well and only cried a little. I was so thankful. Zeb was so excited to see his daddy at the airport. Security let me stroll him out to John while I got the luggage. The next morning when Kayleigh woke up she was so surprised to see me. She was dying to wake up Zeb. I have a awesome video of her waking him up in the morning but I can't get it to upload on our stone age internet! You will have to trust me that it was a very sweet reunion. I think Zeb and I are finally over jet lag and getting settled back into our way of life here. I'm excited to be back and to be in a new place but most importantly I'm glad to be reunited with John and Kayleigh.






1 comment:

  1. Wish we could have seen you before you left. I know you were busy. We find out what Baby Smith #2 is on October 8th. Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete