Monday, September 21, 2009

Discussions about PaPa

Now that we are back in Asia we talk to my parents and John's parents about once a week on the web cam. My computer sits near our kitchen table so recently when Zeb sees it during meal times he points to it and says "PaPa". That is what he calls my dad. He apparently thinks that my dad "lives" in there and if I open it up he will suddenly appear. Kayleigh then suggests we call him. This starts a discussion on what Papa is doing at the time. I usually have to explain that he is sleeping and that we can not call him at 12am at night or that he is driving to work and he won't be home. It is a lot to grasp for a three year old to think that when she is getting up her grandparents are preparing for bed. We had a lot of discussions about the time difference when we were apart. Now when we call our parents Kayleigh insists on seeing their windows to see if it is dark outside or not. So every meal time I am prepared to go through the Papa discussion just one more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment