Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Life is getting back to normal...I think

I am finally starting to feel like we are getting back into a routine around here. When I walked into my new home two and half weeks ago and there were boxes everywhere and new responsibilities to take on I admit I was a little overwhelmed. I have almost finished unpacking all the boxes in all of our bed rooms but John's office looks pretty sad right now. It is becoming the "I'm not sure what to do with this yet" place to put things. I'm sure it doesn't create a very good work environment.

Kayleigh is doing well. She is doing well in pre-school. She doesn't cry when we drop her off but cries when we pick her up. We think that she really likes going and wants to go but by the three hour mark her little brain is fried from hearing a second language. Also, she doesn't like the soup that they made her eat! Her class spends time everyday singing as their teacher plays the piano. This is perfect for her since she LOVES music. We feel like it was a really sweet thing for the Lord to place her in a school that has lots of music. She also is constantly saying funny things which I should write down so I can tell her when she is older. For instance today she told me "Momma I like chocolate today". This was her way of asking for a donut. The thing is she loves chocolate everyday!

Today I took Zeb to buy shoes. I brought shoes from America but his feet seemed to grow two sizes in the last two weeks we have been here so the shoes I brought were too small. During that time he crawled all over me and knocked me on the floor while I was trying to listen in a second language about which shoes would be best for him. He of course was not going to sit quietly while I looked for shoes and even tore some part of the cardboard off a box which contained a car that I was trying to use to distract him. I think it is safe to say he is a true boy and is not a fan of shoe shopping. We did end up with a pair of shoes after the lady told me his foot was too fat for the pair I liked and he needed the other pair I picked out.

So life is just passing along here and we are doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment