Monday, December 15, 2008

The Simple Things In Life

I like to think that my little Kayleigh is somewhat protected from materialism living in a foreign country and that simple things will make her happy. Don't get me wrong she has a lot of toys but because we have such a small place we really don't have room for a ton of toys. Today Kayleigh and I went to a store together to get a gift for her little friend. This store is called Hearts and Hands and has lots of handcrafted items for sale. They also have some handmade wooden items such as a child's oven, kitchen, and microwave. I wanted Kayleigh to take a look at the small wooden oven to feel her out to see if she would like it. I have been trying to figure out the best gift for her this Christmas. This was her response "Mommy it no work it needs batteries!" Well, there you have it folks I guess we aren't getting her a wooden oven for Christmas she will think it is broken! Just when I thought she would like a very simple wooden oven to play with she would rather have something that needs batteries and makes lots of noise. I think she is going to be like her father in the fact that he loves electronics. She always wants to listen to his IPod!

No comments:

Post a Comment