Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

We have had a wonderful Christmas. This morning we spent most of the morning on Skype talking to our families. Zeb's gift of the day was opening "The King" a CARS character. I am pretty sure that he is permanently attached to it now and it will go wherever he goes. Sadly, Kayleigh's main gift did not arrive today so we had to tell her that it was on a train on its way here. She was a good sport about it and seemed fine. The highlight of her day was opening the "Cat In The Hat" Game. She had played it at the Anchor Home school library and loved it. A friend of mine offered it to me since her kids had out grown it. It was so kind of her to give that to Kayleigh.
I have to admit this has been one of the hardest Christmas's I have had here. We have been here for 6 Christmas seasons and I have never cried till this one. I think it was a combination of things. Missing our families is certainly on the list. Two sets of our dear friends no longer live here with us and although we haven't celebrated Christmas with them in a long time they were in the city to call on Christmas day . I also missed other dear friends that still live here with us but were celebrating with others. It could have been that we have done the same thing for 5 years straight and we changed things up a little bit this year. We didn't get together with friends till tonight so around lunch time when I was usually surrounded by "my family" here no one was around. John says it has nothing to do with me being pregnant! Ha! No matter what it is I am so glad that my Savior can give me comfort and peace.
By tonight I was fine and we were together with our friends celebrating, exchanging gifts, and eating an awesome meal.







No comments:

Post a Comment