Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our First Day At The Juniper Tree

Yesterday we moved in to the Juniper Tree to have a couple days of relaxing and rest before returning to China. Well, today has been not as restful has I thought it would be! Before I tell you how our day has gone I need to give you some back ground information. While we were at our conference here many of our friends were sick. Two of our friends ended up in the hospital. Don't worry both are fine and recovering. Also, most all the kids got some sort of fever and others got pink eye. John and I were commenting on how we were really blessed that none of us had gotten sick the whole time we were there. Well, it just now caught up with us. The day we moved to the Juniper Tree John realized he was getting the pink eye that was going around. Fortunately, he was able to get some drops for that. This morning John woke up with a fever and chills and has been in the bed all day. John has decided to rename this virus going around as the "kick your butt" virus. He says he hasn't felt this bad since he was little. And to top it off he decided to throw up before I put Zeb to bed in the the bathroom! So today hasn't been the most restful day for me as I have been trying to handle two kids by myself. It took me half the day to realize that the reason Zeb wouldn't sleep past 45mins was because the room we had him sleeping in was freezing! Then when Kayleigh woke up from her nap she was running a fever. Lets hope and pray that she doesn't have what her dad has. However, she has manged to enjoy herself and ask me about a million times to go swing. She remembers that we lived here two short months ago because she told me today that her Papa pushed her "high" in the swing. Well lets hope tomorrow is a better day. I think we are all about ready to get back home. I am sure Zeb is tired of sleeping in the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment