Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Life with Zeb in a cast

This post is mostly for me so I can look back and remember how we lived life during this time. I can even show Zeb's future wife someday, pictures of the time he was in a body cast. So before Zeb got home from Hong Kong I went and bought a tray so he would be able to eat lying down. Once he got here, eating on the couch without his family was not in the cards. Zeb was having none of that. He wanted to be at the table with us. So my genius husband came up with this....
He took a pillow off the couch and tied it to the back of the chair. Then he took a swim ring float and tied it to the bottom. The float is used to keep him from sliding off the chair since he can't bend. And this is how it looks with Zeb in it....
It works and Zeb can be with us while we eat our meals! It is nice for me because he can mostly feed himself. Another issue was giving him a bath. We of course can't get the cast wet so we don't put him in the bathtub. So this is what we came up with....
He lays on the air mattress while I give him a sponge bath and then I wash his hair in these little tubs. It works. I am so thankful to The Lord for giving us wisdom to figure out how to live life during this season even down to the smallest detail.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. wow, poor guy. yall are very creative and such great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:09 AM

    I'm developing a collaborative blog and I have to know basically can transform a blogspot blog into one where anyone can also add content and edit or change the text. Maybe there exists another type of blog whee you can do this.. Thanks everyone..

    Here is my site transvaginal mesh lawsuit

    ReplyDelete