Monday, September 17, 2012

Homeschool Picnic

This afternoon we went to a picnic for the homeschool community. It was a lot of fun! There was relay races and games for the kids. Lots of fellowship and meeting new people. Sweet Zeb even participated in the races! I think I have forgotten to mention that now he has figured out how to walk in his cast! Yes, I said walk! Lying down for 6 now almost 7 weeks was not in the cards for Zeb. He is too active! So he figured out how to hobble around with his cast on and no crutches. The problem now is that his cast wasn't made to be walked in so I have to put one of John's big socks on over his cast foot to try and keep the cast from getting dirty. I emailed the doctor to ask him if it was ok for Zeb to walk. He said he couldn't hurt his casted leg but there is a possibility that he could fall and hurt his good leg! That would send me over the edge so I am being very cautious about what I am letting him do.

So back to Zeb participating in the races. He tried his best to "run" with the best of them but of course he ended up frustrated. So I ended up participating in the races by caring him. He enjoyed that! I wish I had a picture of him trying to walk/run in the races but I don't. All in all it was a lot of fun and neat to meet some new people.

 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment