Friday, December 16, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside Part II

I mentioned in a few posts back that the weather has been colder than normal this year. So I have been bundling up the kids a lot these days. That translates into taking at least 20 minutes to get out the door if we want to go outside to play. I am often approached by the locals for a lot of reasons mainly to talk about my kids. One of the comments I hear the most is your baby does not have enough clothes on. In this East Asian culture they think they are doing me a favor by advising me on how much clothes my child should be wearing. In their eyes I am a young mother that needs to learn the ins and outs of raising children. It is not rude for them to advise me on matters of my children. For the most part I just smile and take their advice in a kind manner. This winter I am getting a little tired of hearing "your baby doesn't have enough clothes on" so I have made it my personal goal to dress Layla in something that the locals could never say wasn't warm enough. So one morning when Kayleigh, Layla and I were off to pick Zeb up from school I put Layla in this:


Layla put up quite a fight getting in it but seemed to like it once the process was done. As you can see it is so thick that she can't even lay her arms down. In my opinion this thing is the warmest thing I could put on my child. So out I marched into the neighborhood proud that I wouldn't get ANY comments about her clothes. Do you think I was successful? The answer is NO! Most of our neighbors seemed pleased with my upgrade of the outfit but I did have one lady tell me that her hands were cold! My gracious! I guess next time I should add gloves to the outfit!




No comments:

Post a Comment